Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Bus Does Things It Can't Do



In the past few weeks I have received a slew of negative letters regarding my recent statements in Art in America that Grant is the greatest artist working today, if not the most important artist in recent history. I have been accused of being incapable of separating my role as a contemporary art commentator from my role as a father (of the greatest artist of our time). I think this drawing does more to defend my views than anything I might write (as brilliant as it might be).

2 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

Your words remind me of a powerful quote of Mohandas Gandhi, "Even if I am a minority of one, truth is still the truth."

Keep on keepin' on!

Joe said...

thank you for your support. You may get a prize for consistently commenting.